Wednesday, August 6, 2008

it's pineapple express day


clearly i am obsessed with seth rogen right now.

sue me.

the a/v club has an interview with Seth and i am still planning our wedding, stalker-style.

here's a snipet of the interview where Seth my fiance talks about being friends with my boyfriend Edgar Wright. AWKWARD!

AVC: It's reminiscent of Hot Fuzz being an action comedy and a meta-commentary on action comedy.
SR: Yeah, that's exactly what we were going for. We kind of wanted to have our cake and eat it too, in terms of the action. To be able to subtly comment on it and make fun of it, and at the same time truly become it. And that's not an easy thing to do, and I think David [Gordon Green], the director, had a lot to do with pulling that off. It's funny, I'm friends with Edgar Wright, and I got to see Hot Fuzz literally the week before we started shooting Pineapple Express, and it hadn't come out yet in theaters. And I actually sat down with him and was able to pick his brain and get a lot of advice. It's funny, I was just talking to Edgar at Comic-Con over the weekend, and he had just seen the movie, and I told him—there's a lot of shots in the movie of people loading guns and cocking guns and stuff like that, and that's all because of Edgar. I asked him, "What's your advice?" He's like, "You know, the one thing we went back and shot was a lot of shots of people loading guns and stuff, because we knew we could just put them anywhere, and they were good cutting pieces." So I told Edgar, "You've officially been referenced. These shots are directly referencing your movie, and it only came out a year ago." [Laughs.]





go see the movie and if you don't like it, you are lame.

No comments: