Tuesday, September 30, 2008

til you drop

AOL has the trailer up for Confessions of a Shopaholic.

It's all adorable Isla Fisher & Barney's New York goodness. I LOVE this book. I read it 5 or 6 years ago. I think I got through it in 3 days. The only book I've evern blown through faster was The Bridges of Madison County. Confessions is total girly pink retail worship, guilty pleasure shoe envy and buyer's remorse.

I make no apologies for loving it. The casting of Isla in the lead role of the title shopaholic Rebecca Bloomwood was casting magic (i.e. Natalie Portman in The Professional, wherein you mos def cannot imagine anyone else in that onscreen).

Anyway, I'm here now, 136 days before the movie comes out, to get ready to fight the inevitable finger-pointers and bullies who no doubt will be shit-talking.

"Sex and the City wannabe" will be written and said a thousand times.
So what if Patricia Field is doing the costumes? This movie is about fashion. The word shopaholic is in the title. Carrie Bradshaw and Rebecca Bloomwood could be friends. Maybe. Or maybe not. Confessions of a Shopaholic is rated PG.

Ok. I don't really want to fight. My way of fighting will be to vehemently disagree, roll my eyes and get annoyed.
whatever.

look how cute Isla Fisher is:

That Zac Posen dress is worth more than your life.

No comments: