Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My So-Called (DVD) Life

tuesday is glorious new CD/DVD day!

the only thing i am giving a crap about this week is the My So-Called Life DVD box set. this show. oh, this magical show. it met an untimely death at 19 episodes (one more than my beloved Freaks & Geeks). In the last episode Brian (the nerd in love with Claire Danes if you are not familiar) gets asked by sexy & mysterious (mysterious being a total jackass) Jordan Catalano (poor Jared Leto, what happened to him?) to compose a love letter for Angela. the kicker is brian is the one in love with Angela! crazy misunderstandings!

ok. this letter. this is one of the best letters in the history of all letters. ever. holy mother of god.
this letter still makes me cry when i hear the voice over on the show. it is super intense. way too intense for high school. check this shit out:

Dear Angela,
I know in the past I've caused you pain, and I'm sorry. And I'll always be sorry, 'til the day I die. And I hate this pen I'm holding, because I should be holding you. I hate this paper under my hand, because it isn't you. I even hate this letter, because it's not the whole truth. Because the whole truth is...so much more than a letter can even say. If you wanna hate me, go ahead. If you wanna burn this letter, do it. You could burn the whole world down. You could tell me to go to hell -- I'd go, if you wanted me to. And I'd send you a letter from there.

Sincerely,
Jordan Catalano

Oh yeah, a fancy-times Twin Peaks box set is coming out today too. With the pilot episode and everything. I've never seen this show (yet), but the word around the campfire is that it's good and i've been told i'd love it.

Get your ass over to amazon.com and shop.

No comments: