Thursday, January 10, 2008

the kills

So I saw The Kills @ Spaceland on April 17, 2003 after reading something in the LA Weekly comparing them to the White Stripes. (only because it's a girl and a boy. musically they are so totally different. i love the stripes and all, but these 2 could kick their asses all over the stage.) It's gritty, bluesy, sexy garage rock that doesn't give a shit what you think. They rocked my fucking socks off. Some are critical of the fact that they use a drum machine. I don't care as long as it sounds good.

The album Keep on Your Mean Side (and everything else they've done since) has always been one of my favorite things to listen to.

I can't wait til they tour again.
These 2 are highly underrated for some unknown reason.


Their new album Midnight Boom is coming out March 10th and it's first single U.R.A Fever has a great video. It was directed by Sophie Mueller, who has directed some of my favorite videos (Blur-Song 2, Shakespeare's Sister-Stay, Radiohead-I Might Be Wrong, No Doubt-Bathwater, Polly Jean Harvery-Good Fortune). (just to name a few.)




http://www.myspace.com/thekills

No comments: