Tuesday, January 22, 2008

randomness, coachella


here i am, excited to be at work at 5:00am and eagerly anticipating the Oscar nominations!

one thing that sucks: Jonny Greenwood's score for There Will Be Blood might not be eligible

~p.s. ugh. the coachella lineup! wtf happened? i am happy about the breeders and portishead. i love portishead. i am excited for their new album. the sound of beth gibbons' voice bouncing off the walls of the hollywood palladium was one of the best sounds i have ever heard (that was in december 1997, btw). justice is there. Rilo Kiley is there. Little Brother is there (always gotta have random hip hop for the white people). I love Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks but I can see them when they inevitably stop at the el rey. Fatboy Slim is there. Wait, What? Is it 1998?
Headliner? Roger Waters? WHAAAA?
I am so confused.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAA?? Upset over Roger Waters at Coachella? You're dead to me. The Roger Waters concert I saw a year was one of the greatest experiences, not just concerts, but EXPERIENCES I have ever had. And I wasn't even high... imagine how much better it could've been.

Nicole D. said...

i wasn't upset about it.
just confused. same way i was confused at willie nelson being there last year. and madonna the year before. just an odd choice. no bad, but odd.