Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Loved Wall • E


Not only was Wall • E a great animated film, it was a great film. Period.

If there is a critic that shits on it, they don't deserve to be reviewing for a living. It was charming, visually stunning, sweet without being cheesy and at times hilarious.
And it manages to do all of the above and more with hardly a word.

Actually, I can't wait to see if a critic is critical. I'd be very curious to hear a complaint. What could possibly be the problem? The robot is too cute? I was admittedly skeptical, especially with Wall • E's crazy resemblance to Johnny # 5 from Short Circuit, but once you meet him you realize he isn't really like any robot you've seen before.

The one tiny problem working against the film might be that kids won't grasp it, but what can you do? They will undoubtedly love the new Pixar short before the film, Presto. It was fantastic! Hopefully that pops up online soon. It was non-stop LOL shit!
I'm not trying to be a Leonard Maltin and I'm not trying to give anything away, so I'll stop professing my love here.

Hmm...maybe one more thing~ I think next February we might see Andrew Stanton accepting another Oscar.
Yeah. I said it.







No comments: