Friday, June 6, 2008

Shyamalan backlash

It's all over the internet. So much hate and love and fighting over this dude.

I happen to like this article in that is leaning in M. Night's favor.

The Happening is coming out a week from today and people are giving him shit about not doing advanced press screenings. Guess why assholes? It's so people (like you) won't give the whole thing away.

Whatever. I am not going to argue his genius, I have problems with him too...but for once in my life i am going to lean towards optimism. Let him tell a story and if you don't like him, don't go see it.

Admittedly, this video of him from Yahoo movies where he introduces a clip from the film is a perfect example of the extreme douchbaggery of which he is capable.

Now I'm going the be sooo typical of my gender (stereotype) and profess love for something in the movie The Village and you can laugh at me all you want.

The love story between Joaquin and Bryce Dallas Howard. Specifically the scene on the porch of her house. Yes, I am a cheesy, sappy loser but this is one of my favorite scenes ever. So damn adorable I can't stand it. I think this is why so many women swoon over Joaquin.

Behold the cinematography of the great Roger Deakins.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The relationship between Joaquin and Bryce in The Village is what makes that movie. In fact it surpasses that movie. M. Night is actually becoming a better character developer than story teller, or at least his story telling is taking a backseat. Check The Lady In The Water for more examples. You don't and shouldn't have to apologize for loving those moments of The Village. Especially the porch scene. It's the best aspect of the film. And anyone who says otherwise is probably selling something.