Monday, June 2, 2008

things that made me laugh this weekend

laughing at ( in a bad way):

  • Mike Myers trying to use 100 year old bits at the MTV Movie Awards.
  • Hundreds (literally) of women dressed up super fancy at Sex and The City! Dude. You guys, it's a movie. I was at the Arclight at noon on Saturday and I was surrounded by cocktail dresses and 4 inch heels. NOON! All ages too. From 16 to 60. Insanity. But, as Bill said that's the female equivalent of geeks dressing up for Star Wars. Give me geeks any day. (editor's note: in no way am i dogging the actual movie, because i loved it for reelz)

Laughing at (in a good way):

  • Mike Myers and Dana Carvey reliving Wayne's World. Yes, I know. I said that I wasn't ok with his old jokes. But it's Wayne's World. I have a soft spot.
  • Seth Rogen and James Franco smoking "fake" weed at the awards. Was it? Wasn't it? Who cares? These dudes own.
  • Flight of the Conchords at the Orpheum Theater. A Delight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you've jumped on the bandwagon of hating your own kind for dressing up for SATC. Let the ladies have their fun. Kinda disappointed in you right now. :(