Thursday, June 26, 2008

Visual Acoustics

Yesterday I saw a documentary at the LA Film Festival.

Even if modern architecture isn't your thing, this well-made film could hold your attention. Loving the work of Richard Neutra, Pierre Koenig, and Frank Llyod Wright might make you enjoy it more though. This is crazy-embarassing, but more than once I was moved to tears by the beauty of the photographs, some which I've seen a million times others that I had never seen before.

Trollbäck + Company did some great graphics, Dustin Hoffman narrates and Mr. Shulman turned out to be a very lively, hilariously sarcastic, but extremely likable dude. Huge surprise. For some reason I was expecting him to be a crotchedy bitter old man.

The director, Eric Bricker did a Q & A after the film but guess who got up and left because she was going to a Dodger game? One of the biggest mistakes of my life. F U Dodgers.

According to these pictures on WireImage the genius himself was in the audience (sitting very close to where I was). I hate myself for missing that. Hopefully they'll include it on the DVD?



No comments: