Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Man

Today I saw Yes Man and I really liked it.
Don't laugh at me. If you like Jim Carrey you should like it too. And if you like the Bigfoot Lodge in Los Feliz you will see a lot of it in this movie. The director loves it there (me too) so they built a replica on the Warner Brothers lot.
That's just a fun fact from the press notes, something that is way incredibly obvious if you've been there because they made it HUGE and way more boothy.

Rhys Darby (Murray from Flight of the Conchords) is hilarious as usual...
Zooey Deschanel is the best she's been, I think.
She and Jim (haha. that sounds like her band name) have really great chemistry here. For realsies. Plus, if she gets any more adorable I'll just get mad.
But the best performance here seriously is Terence Stamp. Dude was the perfect scientology-like cult leadery freakaziod.

And speaking of the word "man"...
the full trailer for I Love You, Man is here.





P.S.
this was my 1,000th blog post.
wow. I don't know if that is horrible or crazy or neat or embarassing. it's one of those for sure.

No comments: