Saturday, January 10, 2009

For Reelz

i've been talking trash (to the garbage around you) about work lately.  i didn't really mean it all.

today (yesterday because i'm up late) was our last episode of dailies. not only did i cry, i saw grown men cry. it's not easy to say goodbye to something you've been working on for more than 2 years.

it's all very sad and bittersweet and i'm going to miss (most) everyone. 

honestly though, the thing i'm going to miss more than the people: my job. 
not many people can say that they love their job. not many people can say they are good at their job. not many people can say what they get paid to do is something they would do as a hobby. mine was all those for the most part. and i know that's never going to happen again.

i'm not looking forward to unemployment....not looking forward to watching everyone else get better jobs and do better things (yep. i am an asshole), and mostly i'm not looking forward to never feeling again like i am good at something i'm getting paid to do.

i shall stop rambling now. the last thing i ever wanted was to post blogs like "me me me me me" because that is so not me. (and here i am "i"-ing and "me"-ing all over the place.)

i will most likely continue to post things i love and am excited about entertainment-wise...but after "work" is officially over (February 6th) i think i'm going to retire this business. by business i mean keeping an online record of when i saw what made me happy and when. because who really cares anyway? 
the 2 reasons i started blogging are pretty much over and done with (to KIT with my ex-bff living abroad and pop-culture related aforementioned job) so there's no need to continue...unless being jobless bores the bejesus out of me and i zip through all 4oo+ items in my Netflix queue.

mental note to self:
1) no more internet when i am tired and under the influence.
1a) not drinking soda, eating potatos, or eating fast food is making me meaner than usual.

Current favorite Radiohead song: 15 Step 
Current drug of choice: xanax
Current favorite people: Doug and Molly (co-worker and his wife who hosted a lovely party tonight)
Current favorite thing to hate: my own negative attitude
Current favorite thing to love: the people i've met at Reelz ( 4 in particular who will be friends fo-ev-ah )
Current song in my head: Leslie Feist- Mushaboom
(it may be years until the day my dreams will match up with my pay....)


1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

i'm one of the four, right? :)