Monday, March 3, 2008

The ImaginAsian Center


So this place opened in December, but I didn't want to be all bloggy about it before I went there.

The ImaginAsian Center in located in my friend Victor's backyard (practically) on Main St. downtown.

Why do I care? I love downtown. I love asians. I love movies. Perfect.

We decided to go because it's one of the last theaters in L.A. showing Persepolis and I've been dying to check it out anyway. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Usually they show Asian films with round-eye subtitles.

March 7th - 13th they are having a double feature: Yojimbo and A Fistfull of Dollars.

Sweeeeet.

Best part: the first 2 rows are super swank badass recliners with lil' cupholder/tables attached. It's really nice & modern inside too.

Worst part: the projector effed up and we missed the beginning of the movie...but the dudes felt bad, let us stay to catch it at the next showing and gave us free passes to come back.

done and done.

While the name of the place is a bit weird ( it semi-reminds me of the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too---I have no idea why) the ImaginAsian Center is awesome. i'm not going to lie, there is a tiny bit of me that hopes to see Quentin Tarantino here. I know he has a theater at his house but he would love it.





No comments: