Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New & Improved

things that were awesome last night:

* Finally going to the new Largo. OMG dude. It's super nice. And somehow they've managed keep the quaint, cozy feel in a theater setting. Same pictures on the wall, same color palette, same amazing entertainment. It was a little weird having the stage raised and the performers not making eye contact, but we'll live. And I admit that i missed the honey chicken and trying to eat in the dark. And the booze. I just realized there was no booze. Holy crap. I guess I was so excited for the show I didn't realize there was no bar. Apparently one will open in the complex eventually...Then it will be perfect.
(only probs i saw: bathrooms not that awesome, having to pay when you make a reservation, and getting there for a hand stamp way before show time and then having to wander La Cienega for an hour.)

*Flight of The Conchords (who I had no idea were going to be there until one hour before. my only gripe with them is deciding which one to stare at. Bret and Jemaine cause a new emotion in me that i need to invent a word for. it's a bizarre mixture of arousal and hysterics. HotSterics? Laurousal? I'll have to brainstorm. They gave us 2 new songs that delivered the goods.)

* Patton Oswalt (in my top 5 LOL makers)

* Margaret Cho (yes. she's still alive and talking about her vag. and guess what? i liked it.)

* Karen Kilgariff ( Girl's Guitar Club you guys! she rules.)

* Michael Penn ( 2 really nice mellow songs. and a fancy outfit.)

* Andy Kindler (best part: after the show my friends & i passed him on the street and said "see you tomorrow" cuz he's at UCB tonight and he had no idea. we totally reminded him.)

all that for $25 bucks. and i was in the 5th row. can't beat that with a bat.

No comments: