Thursday, December 6, 2007

There Will Be Nominations

> i saw There Will Be Blood last night.

as i've said before i am not a critic and i have a deep passionate love for Paul Thomas Anderson...so I feel like it's not fair for me to tell people how unfuckingbelievable this movie is.
oops, i just said it. the second it ended i felt like someone punched me in the stomach (in a good way. what? that makes no sense. trust me, you'll see). I was stunned and I think the first thing out of my mouth was "Holy Shit". Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Dano are brilliant, as is Dillion Freasier who plays the son of DDL's character was too. He's a 10 year old found in Texas where they were filming. Hopefully this dude keeps acting. I can't say anything bad about one eensy weensy thing. It's about 2 hours and 40 minutes which is frickin' long, but it didn't bother me one bit. Oh, and the score.....totally perfect goose-bump inducing creepiness from Jonny Greenwood! The music almost scared me as much as Daniel Day Lewis, who is a fucking monster. He really kind of makes Javier Bardem in No Country seem gentle.

No comments: