Monday, December 3, 2007

Today's Randomness

>I just read on Pitchfork that today is the 25th anniversary of Micheal Jackson's Thriller album. Happy Birthday! Well done?! Congratulations? Yay!
This news makes me feel old because I totally remember my parents playing this album when I was a wee lass and the monster noises from the song "Thriller" scared the shit out of me, but everything was all better when "Beat It" came on right after it was over. I did love the cute picture on the inside of the record! Michael in his white suit and the cute little tiger. Both singer and tiger so young and innocent.

>Also there is finally news on the Juno soundtrack. Sadly, the physical CD isn't out 'til January but the digital edition is coming out one week from today.

>Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová AKA The Swell Season from the movie Once are coming to ReelzChannel today so Mary Anne can interview them. So exciting. Hopefully I will get to be in the room for their mini performance.

>Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are doing the Super Bowl Halftime show. I like it.

>Be Kind Rewind is premiering at Sundance. Sweet.

>I ate at this new thai restaurant Nakkara on Beverly (at Spaulding) the other night. It was so yummy. Everyone should go there. The staff was as delightful as the food and decor.

>Is it wrong that one of my most favoritest things during the holiday season are extended store hours? I love this! Target open until 11pm is so heavenly.

1 comment:

world wide web said...

Michael Jackson, I think, is no longer that popular. Fading... I'm sorry...